Task 2B - Make a HALF LEATHER BINDING
Create, finish and present a book with a half case leather binding.
Use and develop design ideas from sources of inspiration found in the research in Task 1.
The book must include:
- a minimum of eight sections
- two tapes
- at least two lengths of thread with a join
- a ribbon marker and hand sewn headbands
- a cover constructed of board and covering materials.
The book must be a minimum of A5 in finished size and portrait style.
Photograph and display the finished book with a half case leather binding.
Unit 220: Making a book with a half case leather binding
If you can.....
..... then you are ready to complete this task
- Demonstrate competence and proficiency when executing all the techniques from the previous tasks
- Make a half leather binding that is aesthetically pleasing, feels right in the hand and functions well
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Make maquettes to try out different design ideas and materials
- Review your work:
- Make sure all the requirements have been met
- What went right?
- What went wrong?
- How could you improve?